Desert are the type of landscape that has extremely low amount of downfall and very low water level which means it doesn’t supports life form for most plants. Water is scarce and is almost never found in flowing form. There are some Oasis containing fresh water reserves and coconut trees.
Deserts receive very low rainfall throughout the year. Hot deserts have very high temperature range; most of days are very hot and dry while desert nights are usually cold because of sand ability to emit and absorb heat in no time.
There are many famous deserts; some are famous for their harshness and cruelty while other offer great adventures like Evening Desert Safari, Quad Biking etc. Desert offer deepness and firmness to humans and it provides a unique environment for wilderness classroom.
The easiest and most fun way to learn about the desert environment is Evening desert safari in Dubai, Camel Race in Pakistan or Desert Festivals which celebrate desert culture.
Let’s talk about the famous deserts on Earth and their attractions:
The Sahara Desert:
Sahara is the largest desert among all hot deserts in the world. It covers almost all of North Africa. It expands from Mediterranean Sea in North to Red Sea in East to Atlantic Ocean.
It covers large part of Algeria, Chad, Egypt, Libya, Mali, Mauritana, Niger, Western Sahara, Sudan and Tunisia.
Sahara is mainly Stone Plateaus, Sand Sea with sand dunes as big as 180 m.
Sahara is known for its adventurous nature, length, mirages and life saving actual oasis. This desert hides beauty in itself. The Desert Safari is also part of its mysterious culture. Desert safari many types are there including Evening Desert Safari for fun lovers to a full fledged 2 days desert Safari for adventurers. The desert Festival of Sahara is another big attraction that gathers tourists in Tunisia every November.
The Namib Desert:
Namib Desert is the costal desert in South Africa. Its name is of Nama origin that means “vast place”. It covers more than 2000km along the Atlantic coasts of Angola, Namibia and South Africa.
It contains sand seas along the coast while inward of desert consist of scattered rocky mountains and gravel plains. Namib contains second largest sand dunes as high as 300 m and spans 30km in length.
The Himba tribe give Namib a new identity. Himba tribe is famous for their unique looks and hairdos. Those distinctive hairdos are created by goat hair, butter and mud. Married men are accustomed to cover their head.
The Namib Desert is also famous for Namibia International Beach and Cultural Festival which is a 2 days event consists of helicopter rides, Evening desert Safari, music, Namibian culture, music, inflatable slides, quad bikes etc. Namib Desert is also famous for the unique hot air balloon rides it offers and the Desert Safari adventures. Some vendors offer desert safari of as long as 7 days.
The Arabian Desert:
Arabian Desert is located in Western Asia, It is a vast desert that stretches from Yemen to Persian Gulf to Oman to Jordan and Iraq. It occupies most of Arabian Peninsula. Its 4th largest desert in term of Area.
It covers part of Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Dubai Evening Desert Safari is the most famous activity in whole of the Arabian Desert. There are many other Desert Safaris in many other deserts throughout the globe, almost in every other famous desert but no one can match thrill and excitement of this Evening Desert Safari.
Dubai Desert Rock Festival, which is a music festival is another famous attraction and mega event of Arabian desert.
Thar Desert is largest in South of Indian Subcontinent. It’s also known as Great Indian Desert and it forms a natural boundary between India and Pakistan.
85% of desert is in India and remaining 15% is in Pakistan. This desert is one of the most famous deserts in the world because of its unique geography, culture, diversity and desert festivals held here.
Jeep Safari is offered in Indian part of thar, a yearly Thar Desert Festival in Jaisalmer is very famous in the world. Thar Jeep Rally held near Bahawalpur also attracts foreign attention and camel safari is also famous but thar main reason for being famous is the camel race here.